Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Recap

Sunday - Didn't Run
Sunday was one of those 'easily distracted' days I tend to have from time to time.  I'm full of good intentions, but for one reason or another, never get a single mile in.  I got dressed to run, went outside, saw some weeds in my flower bed, started pulling them, and it went downhill from there.  After the weeds, I decided to mow the yard.  Then I had to weed-eat.  You can't mow without that!  Then when I was just about to put the weed-eater up, my in-laws appeared in the driveway.  Can't run now - that would be rude.  I hung out with the family, and before I knew it, it was time for bed.  Bummer.

Monday - Ran 4 miles
That's pretty much it.  I ran 4 miles on my road.

Tuesday - Best Run In a Long Time
Today was one of those days I felt like I could have run forever.  The only reason I stopped was because I started feeling guilty that I was neglecting other aspects of my life.  It was just shy of 2 hours, and very therapeutic.  I'm convinced John Mayer has some sort of insight to my life, or at least he did this morning.  I ran the woods behind my house and played the same 10 songs over and over again.  Perfect morning!

Garmin Update:  still freakin' waiting!  Geez!  I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas!

2 comments:

equarles said...

glad to see that you're running. thanks for having us out on Saturday. Jeremy and I are ready to come back. His sister wants to run the trails too.

K said...

when are you guys coming?? I'd love to be there too!

Weeding, mowing, visitors, all the reasons I run! To avoid those things!! Well, maybe not the visitors...