Saturday, March 22, 2008

New 5K PR!

So, I made it down to RTW this morning, and my goal for the race was to break 28 minutes.  I'm happy to say I did.  I'm not sure what my official time was, but by my watch I finished in 26:10.  I beat my PR by 2 whole minutes!  

I was so excited.  I think I told everyone there.  I guess all my efforts are paying off, and I've never been more motivated.  I've been stuck at around 28 minutes for about 2 years, so this is a really big deal for me!  WooHoo!!!

Afterwards I met up with some of the RTWers, some TWRCers and a group from Woodlands Fit at Skeeter's for breakfast.  I had already eaten, so I had three celebratory cups of coffee.

10 comments:

WalkSports.com said...

Congraulations!

The comment via Bill's phone - I hope you know - was a joke!

Hope to make it to Huntsville next Sunday after doing the Cap 10K that morning.

K said...

Very Cool Katy! Way to go!

Woodlands Runner said...

Katy! Katy! Congrats! Did JP slip a Redbull in your breakfast today?

equarles said...

dang, that's impressive. now for 25-something.

Katy Lampson said...

Jon - I plead the Roger Clemens. It was only B12, I promise! :)

Sarah said...

Congratulations Katy!

Tiggs said...

ROCK ON!!! WTG!! My PR is 27-something set in 2005. I need to run some races and see where I'm at!

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

Congrats!!! Nothin' like a Saturday morning PR! May this be the first of many!

Tommy said...

Excellent job Katy!

Crosstrain said...

That's super, congratulations on the big improvement. Improvement often seem to come in spurts so build on it!