Friday, March 7, 2008

No Pressure

I know I'm supposed to be concentrating on speed, but it sure is nice to just run.  The kind of mind clearing, tension freeing, enjoyable run that made me fall in love with this sport in the first place.  I set out this afternoon, got to the end of my drive, and realized I didn't have my watch.  I decided instead of going back for it, I'd just run.  There was no worrying about pace, the weather was perfect, my shuffle somehow seemed to pick all my favorite songs - pure utopia.  I have no idea has fast I went, or how far, for that matter.  Who cares.  That run was just what I needed today.  Sanity restored!

Tomorrow's a different story.  I'm venturing down to The Woodlands for their biweekly 5K (my favorite distance.  ha-ha)  I guess I better bring the watch.  Hope to see some of my new TIR friends there.

1 comment:

WalkSports.com said...

I should be there running on Saturday, but I'm going downtown to hang out at the Bayou City Classic 10K.

Will see you on Sunday though.