Thursday, May 28, 2009

Following Orders (For the Most Part)

I feel like my training is going really well!  That whole phase one thing I spoke of...I'm past it.  Running is fun again, and I'm back in a groove.  I've been doing set workouts given to me by my awesome new coach, and so far I've only messed up one of them.  The day after Memorial Day...c'mon what do you expect.  I kinda like getting up, checking my schedule, and following orders.  I didn't think I would, but I really do.  I've always said, I'm a much better sheep than shepherd.  So here's what I've done for last few days:

Last Saturday - ran 6 miles at a relaxed pace on trails here at home.  It was an ok run, but I was a bit hungover and blah from turnin' my swag on the night before. 

Sunday - Chillaxed

Monday - Drank beer on a boat (was supposed to do 10 min wu, 4 x 8min (hard) followed by 2 min. jog recovery, 10 cd)

Tuesday - Did the workout I was supposed to do Monday on my road. (minus two of the 8 min sets and the cd....talk about a hangover.  Decided not to drink anymore during this portion of my training)

Wednesday - Was able to run until the afternoon, so opted for a treadmill run.  Did 10 wu, 5 x 8 min (hard) followed by 2 min jog recovery, 10 cd.  Felt great!!!  Treadmill was not bad at all...watched game shows and jammed out to some kickass tunes!

I think I'm going to use the treadmill more this summer.  I just really don't do well in the heat, and my running usually stalls out during the hot as hell months.  The treadmill's not THAT bad, and if it keeps me running, and moving towards my goal...then so be it!


2 comments:

Adrienne Langelier, MA said...

With the treadmill, it's all about the tunes!! Keep it up!

Valentine401 said...

This is Melissa - from TIR = )
I've never been able to run on a treadmill - I get dizzy!

P.S. I FINALLY figured out how to follow a blog!