Thursday, May 14, 2009

Game On!!!

I think it was about this time last year when I last posted to this blog.  I have no idea if anyone is still doing it, or reading these things, but I'm gonna start posting again.  I have come to the conclusion that I am much more dedicated to running when I blog about it.  I guess it just helps keep me accountable...who knows.  

All I do know, is that I am determined to get back in peak running condition again.  I don't care if it is hot as hell!  I have set a goal for myself to run a sub 4 marathon this fall, and I am going to do my dangedest to git-r-done...can't believe i just said that.  

anyhoo, here goes!!!

I ran 3 miles yesterday very slowly and sluggishly.  I attempted to run the same 3 mile trail again today, but my dog was attacked by a skunk towards the end.  She was slinging the thing around trying to shake it to death, when it bit a hunk outta her nose and sprayed her in the mouth.  She then proceeded to whine, puke, bleed, and stink very badly.  I walked the last 1/4 mile or so back to the house with her.  I think it's safe that she will never again jack with a skunk!

2 comments:

Streaker said...

Welcome back. Let me know when you are ready to start sharing the Running Shorts column. You are a good writer.

Tommy said...

Run on Katy. Good to see you're writing again.
- Tommy