Friday, May 15, 2009

Chipping Away at Phase One

Phase One - that's where I am right now.  The phase that keeps most people away from this sport.  There's nothing enjoyable about, every step is a struggle, self doubt is rampant, and you want nothing more than to throw in the towel.  I don't know how many times I've tried to explain this to people...when I get "I don't know how you do what you do...I hate running!".   You've just gotta get outta Phase One, people!! 

Luckily, I've conquered this hill before, and I know the awesomeness that exists on the other side.  I am inching my way closer everyday, and I am so excited!  I recruited a coach yesterday too!  I am going to work my ass off to make that sub 4 race!!!

I am signed up to run Hog's Hunts 25K tomorrow, but I'm not trained for it, and I don't see the point of going out there and killing myself.  I think I'm just going to stick to my comeback training plan, and just be a spectator for this one.  It's fun cheering everybody on anyway.  I'm going to bring my camera and photograph and support all my peeps who actually trained for the race.  I'll be back next year fo sho!!!

I ran another 3 miles this a.m. on my road.  I felt much stronger than the last 2 days.  I did walk about 100 yds in the middle somewhere, but I cranked up my go-to tunes, The Killers, and they got me going again.  Mr. Brightside does it for me everytime!!

No comments: